What Are the Different Types of Custom Curtains?
Having curtains custom-made is a big project and it’s important to explore all of the options available before making a decision about the type of custom curtains you want for your home. Southwest Blinds & Shutters—a professional window treatment company that has been in business since 2002—offers a wide selection of customizable options for curtains and drapes, and we’d be happy to help you determine which style is the best fit for your needs and preferences.
When having custom curtains made, your style options are virtually endless. However, some of the most popular types of curtains that you may want to consider include:
- Pinch pleat – Thick bunches of fabric are bundled and stitched together at the header of pinch pleat curtains to create a decorative look.
- Box pleat – Box pleat curtains feature wide rectangular pleats for a sharp, modern look.
- Eyelet – Eyelet curtains are strung across a rod by the metal rings at their header.
- Goblet – Goblet curtains feature open pleats that resemble a goblet or wine glass.
- Tailored pleat – Tailored pleats are similar to pinch pleats, but the pleats begin at the very top of the curtain.
- Cased heading – Ideal for stationary draperies, cased heading curtains feature a casing, open at either end, that a rod can be strung through.
The type of curtains that will look best in your home depends on many different factors, including the size of your windows, the room they’re being hung in, your home’s interior design, and your personal style preferences. When you partner with us to have custom curtains made, one of our designers will explain each style that we offer in-depth, show you samples, and help you make a decision.
Schedule a Free Consultation
At Southwest Blinds & Shutters, we are passionate about window treatments and would be happy to help you learn more about the different types of custom curtains we can design for your home. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.